Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Storybook Favorites: Indian Epics Edition

It was really quite difficult to pick just three storybooks for this post! I felt like every time I clicked on a story I was intrigued and loved the creativity of the storyteller. However, I was able to do the impossible and pick three storybooks.

The evil demon Ravana - Instagram filter: Lo-Fi + blur + frame

The first storybook that caught my eye was Social Media in Ancient India. I loved the idea of using something that is so prominent in the world today and seeing what characters from stories would do with it. I loved that the author used Tumblr in their storybook. It was a great alternative to having Sita and Rama write in a diary or something a little more predictable. I also loved that the author actually used Instagram filters for some of their pictures. It was a nice touch that helped with the overall theme of the storybook.

The next storybook is Bedtime Stories. I liked a Bedtime Story themed storybook in Mythology and Folklore so I thought I would check this out. I liked how this storyteller had chosen one of the same stories that the previous storyteller chose (The Golden Deer). It was cool to see the different ways they chose to tell the same story. I really liked the idea of retelling stories in a way that is entertaining for kids and easy for them to understand.

For my third storybook, I had to choose How I Met Your Mother. I am in love with the television show and thought I had to check it out. I loved that the author used a modern show and gave it a twist to fit into the Indian stories. I think the author's favorite "How I met Your Mother" character is Barney because they seem to use a lot of Barney references throughout the storybook. However, I am not complaining! I think this story was legend.. wait for it and I hope your not lactose intolerant because the next word is... DAIRY! LEGENDARY!


No comments:

Post a Comment