Thursday, January 21, 2016

Growth Mindset

I do believe that it is extremely important to take on challenges in life. Life is full of them and it is a good idea to get used to them and practice different ways to handle different types of problems in life. I think the idea of keeping a growth mindset is a great idea. I had never heard of "growth mindset" before watching the videos in this class. However, they seem to find a lot of positive results with this idea, so I think it is something worth trying out. I could not help but laugh at the thirteen year old kid that said he could not believe that he had wasted so much of his life. If he thinks his life has changed for the better from using the growth mindset, the least I could do is give it a try! I really am not looking forward to my French class this semester, so perhaps if I try to have a growth mindset I could see improvements in French.

Cat from Cheezburger meme site

4 comments:

  1. Ill start with saying I really like your meme you chose. I am a huge fan of cats (and from cheezburger meme site made it funnier for some reason. But as you said, the fact that a thirteen year old kid was saying that based of off growth mindset really did put it into perspective that it might me worth my time. I am in Spanish currently and, like you, I might have to apply some growth mindset in that department as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chelsey!
    I love all these cat meme that Laura Gibbs posts on her blog every week. I think they make a great addition to everyone's blog. In fact, I think I might have posted the same one a couple weeks ago. I love the cat's determination in this photo and I also think it is important to take challenges in my life.

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again, Chelsey!

    Your cat meme is SO cute! I have never used the Cheezburger meme page before, but I think I might have to take a look at it for my next growth mindset post! I too find the comment from the young boy really funny—I can remember feeling so old at that point in my life, and can totally sympythize with him thinking he’d wasted so much time; I learned, and so will he. Although his view of time might be a little skewed, I definitely see the value in growth mindset. It has been incredibly helpful to me these last couple of semesters, and I think you will really like the results if you can apply it to your studies. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chelsey!

    I have to complement your blog layout! I love the color scheme that you used, it is really nice to look at visually and it makes it easy on the eyes. I also thought your picture that you used for this Growth Mindset was so adorable. Like a little superhero puppy! I think that it is important to continually remind ourselves that we can. It is like the little engine that could. A lot of what holds us back in our lives is the psychological misconception that we cannot do things.

    ReplyDelete