Monday, January 18, 2016

Favorite Places

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” -- St. Augustine 


I have been pretty fortunate to be able to read a couple pages and I simply cannot choose one specific place! So here are my top three!

Orlando, FL:

I am convinced that there is no way you can ever be too old to go to Disney World. I got to go to Hollywood Studios with the Pride of Oklahoma a couple of years ago. It was so fun! I would probably go there tonight if someone told me to just hop on a flight and go. I mean I would make it in time for the fireworks! I also love Harry Potter. So naturally, I loved the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios. 

Hollywood Studios with some of my best friends


My family in front of the Hogwarts castle.
                   
Biltmore:

The Biltmore is the home of George Vanderbuilt. It is located in Asheville, NC and is the largest home in the United States. I love to tour old homes and this one is BEAUTIFUL! As you can see it is huge! It also has a couple of gardens and a great view. I would highly suggest putting it on your bucket list. I took this picture a couple summers ago and I would love to go back around Christmas to see it decorated for the holidays.

One of my pictures from family trip to Biltmore
Christmas at the Biltmore - Pine Crest BB

Yellowstone:

Yellowstone is a national park located primarily in Wyoming. It is larger than some states. This place is beautiful. Definitely the prettiest place I have ever been to. These are all pictures I took on my iPhone and they do not do the place justice. Not only is Yellowstone beautiful with nature, but their lodge next to Old Faithful is stunning.

Lower Falls
Mammoth Hot Springs
Old Faithful Lodge
Bighorn Sheep

4 comments:

  1. What great pictures, Chelsey! I still have not made it to Hogwarts in Orlando, but I know that would be so much fun! Somebody played around with Hogwarts as a storytelling style in Indian Epics last semester: the Patil sisters telling stories about magic and supernatural legends from India. It worked out so nicely! Maybe that is something you will want to experiment with in class this semester too. I am sure you are not the only Harry Potter fan... and the magic and adventure of some of the India stories really resonates with Harry's magical world: it was nice seeing the Patil sisters get to be the center of attention too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That story sounds awesome! I couldn't find it under the list of storybooks though! Did the student take it down or am I just missing it?

      Delete
    2. Hi Chelsey, she did it as part of her Portfolio, so it is here: Padma at the Black Lake. Did we have Portfolio option when you were in class before? It's worked out GREAT as a way for people who are not sure about a focus for the whole semester can experiment with different things. PIta did two or maybe three Hogwarts stories, along with other things in her Portfolio.

      Delete
  2. Hello again Chelsey!

    I must say that I am really glad you didn’t say the beach. I personally am not a fan. I have never been to Disney World but I am sure when I have children I will make a trip up there! I will have to admit that I never thought Yellowstone was so pretty! I always assumed it was flat and boring. But the picture you posted is gorgeous!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete