Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 9 Reading Diary: Twenty Jataka Tales Part B


The Goblin Town

I really really liked this story. If I were to choose this for my storytelling this week I would like to tell the story from the point of view of the man that discovered that they were in a goblin town. I think it would be nice to stay along the same plot line but go deeper into it. It could start with the boat having trouble and then the crew knowing it was going to sink and how relieved they were to find land. I think the goblins were like sirens so I would like a description of how beautiful they were before they realized it was a deception. 

Elephant from The Safari Guide



I found this story very touching. It really captures the meaning of sacrifice for others. If I chose this as my story for this week I would retell it as a person that sacrificed something or themselves for their friends. 


This story has everything you could want including a flying lion! I like that this story had a "boy that cried wolf" feel to it. However, I feel like it ended too calmly. I know that if I were one of the animals running for my life because the earth was breaking I would be happy that it was not, but I would also be a little upset at the little hare for overreacting and causing the huge stampede that almost led all of them to their deaths. I would probably tell the story after the lion came back and use those emotions toward the little hare. 





No comments:

Post a Comment