Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 9 Reading Diary: Twenty Jataka Tales Part A

Twenty Jataka Tales


The Guilty Dogs

I want to mention this one because I think it would be a cute case for Wolfgang to solve in my storybook project. Wolfgang could solve for who ruined the straps on the royal chariot. Perhaps the chief of the dogs would seek out Wolfgang for help so that all of the dogs in the city would not be slaughtered. It would be cute because it would be like the children's stories Wolfgang had solved in the past and because it would introduce talking animals into this new world he has found himself in called India.

The Tortoise and the Geese by yam50 on Deviantart

The Tortoise and the Geese

I enjoyed this story. I like the lesson that just because you can talk doesn't mean you always should. Some things are better left unsaid. I am curious like the children though as to why the tortoise was flying. I know the story says he was going to see the home of the geese, but I think it would be cute to write a story about a tortoise or turtle that really wanted to fly. He had a friend that was a goose and agreed to take him into the sky. However, once the children started to make fun of them he decided to make a remark back. This was a very bad decision because when he fell he broke his shell and couldn't walk or fly ever again. Or perhaps something similar. I may change for a happier ending, It would be terribly tragic if the dreaming turtle died. However, he should still be punished for talking because that is the lesson for the children hearing the story. Or I could be completely different and teach the children to dream instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment