Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Reading Diary Week 10: 22 Goblins Part F

Twenty-two Goblins

A lions yawns at Nairobi's National Park on March 11, 2013 by Marko Djurica—Reuters from Time


4 Brothers

I love how they say that these three things that are fickle and bring sorrow at the last: evil friendships, a flirt, and money. I have to agree. You cannot try to find happiness with these things. However, I don't understand why this statement made the brothers want to find their talents. Perhaps the knowledge would bring them power. The brothers's talents are quite interesting. I like how they coordinate together to finally bring life. It is unfortunate that the animal ended up being a lion. I think it may be interesting to write a story where they made a bunny or something and there was a happier ending. Or maybe keep the story with the lion but there were no teeth to let the lion eat the brothers. The lion could be tame and they ride the lion into the sunset. I also believe that it is the last brother's fault that they died because he could clearly see that it was a dead lion. What did he expect to happen???


Conclusion

First of all I completely respect the king for going back to get the goblin every time he ran off. That is real dedication. I am also kind of surprised that the monk was evil the whole time. I am glad that the goblin respected the king after all of those riddles and told him the monks plans. I also thought it was weird that what the king wanted was for the whole world to know the riddles the goblin shared with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment