Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Reading in weeks 9-14

Jataka Tales from ani-la

Week 9

I want to use some of the Jataka tales in my storybook so in week 9 I would like to read more of the children's stories. Twenty Jataka Tales

Week 10

I have previously read some of the goblin tales in Mythology and Folklore and I really enjoyed it. I would like to read more of them. This is also something that could be used for my storybook.
Twenty-two goblins

Week 11

The story The Missing Queen has intrigued me since I first saw it listed at the start of the semester. I think I would love it and I am excited to read the Ramayana in a more modern setting.

Weeks 12-13

I really enjoyed watching Sita Sings the Blues, so I would like to watch another movie. I would love to learn more about the indian gods and goddesses so I believe Overview: Pattanaik. Seven Secrets from Hindu Calendar Art. would be a great fit. I also love that it is two weeks.

Week 14

I would like to watch the movie about the Mahabharata because I had a hard time getting into the epic when I read it. I am hoping this gives me a better understanding of the epic.

Epified Mahabharata





No comments:

Post a Comment