Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Reading Diary Week 10: 22 Goblins Part A

Twenty-two Goblins

Goblin by Throne Rush from Wikia


I wonder why there are gems inside of the fruit the monk gives the king? I liked that the monk's name is Patience. I definitely feel like there is some significant meaning with that name. I was really confused when the goblin was in the dead body. Originally I did not realize that there was a dead body. I just assumed that what the king thought was a dead body was actually a goblin. Nope. I was definitely wrong. The goblin was just inside of the dead body. 


I definitely would have not guessed the correct answer for this riddle. First of all, I think what all the brothers did after Coral's death was weird. Making a hut on her ashes and begging for food is obsessive and scary. Dipping her bones in a river is also a bit strange. Honestly becoming a monk was not too bad, but seemed a little extreme. When the monk brought her to life, I was a little confused. I thought monks were like nuns and could not marry. So I didn't think that marrying Coral would be an option for him when she came back to life. I was kind of shocked to hear that the answer to the riddle was the brother that built a hut on her ashes. Like I said before, I think that is scary obsessive. However, I couldn't have come up with a better answer. I think a good story would be to have Coral talk about what happened after she died (like a ghost) and to be weirded out, yet also touched by what happened. 




1 comment:

  1. I like how you took notes for this reading diary! In fact, it made me interested in the original stories. So I must check them out. I think they would create some really good ideas for stories to tell for a future storytelling post. Thank you for sharing and I must check these out!

    ReplyDelete