Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Week 14 Reading Diary: Missing Queen Part C

The Missing Queen  by Samhita Arni (2014)

I think that Sita's sister, Urmila, has a great story to be told. I have a little sister and if she suddenly went missing I would do all that is in my power to find her. I don't blame her for being upset with her husband for getting rid of her sister. I don't think I would ever forgive my husband if he made my sister leave, especially without letting me say goodbye. I love that Urmila stood up to Rama in this story and said she did not want him to find another wife because he was still married to her sister. I know that must have taken a lot of bravery because in this world women don't seem to have a lot of power. If I wrote a story I would love to have it be right after Sita went missing. It would concentrate on Urmila and her efforts to find her sister and then the betrayal of her husband. I could only imagine how Urmila would feel when finding out that her own husband got rid of her sister.


Another scene I found interesting was the bar scene in chapter 21. I could either write the story about a regular customer that likes to come there and listen to the music or I could write about the singer herself. The song that she sung seemed to really hit home for a lot of people including the singer. I feel like there was a backstory to this song. I would love to create it. Perhaps her mother wanted her to marry an Ayodhya man, or maybe she had a friend that fell into the trap?

Singing woman in red from Shutterstock

No comments:

Post a Comment