Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Reading Diary Week 12: Indian Fables and Folklore Part A

Indian Fables and Folklore

Wedding Invitation - The Sun and Moon by Madame-Dei from Deviantart


The Elephant Fighting Hare

I absolutely loved this story! I thought it was so cute! I would love to write a story about the hare fighting the elephants. Perhaps he could be telling his friends and family about it at home. I think it would be great if he was an older hare now and it was like he was telling a war story. It may also be exaggerated over time. Maybe this one hare saved the village or something of the sort. There are so many things that I could do with this short story.

The Moon in the Well

I actually think I have heard this story before! I think I would rewrite this so no monkeys died though. Perhaps the moon really was stuck in the well and they create a very elaborate rescue mission for it. Almost like a mission impossible version of the story. I think that would be a fun and new way to write my story this week. I haven't done anything like that and it could be quite the challenge.

The Gifts of the Sun

I thought this was a cute and interesting story. The sun was so polite to the sage. The sage was very daring. The sun could have scorched the earth because of what the sage did. It could be a fun approach to tell the story like the sun did release all of its wrath. Perhaps people could be telling stories and fables about how the world was before the sun scorched the earth. Green trees, flowers of every color. It could sound crazy to someone that only knows desert.


No comments:

Post a Comment