Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Reading Diary Week 13: Missing Queen Part A

The Missing Queen by Samhita Arni (2014)

I have really enjoyed this story so far! I love that it is a more modern take on the story of Sita. It is an easy read and I cannot wait to see what happens next!

Sita from Vedicgoddess
So far, the story has not gotten so far into the kidnapping of Sita. It is more conspiracy of where she went and who she was before she was taken. I like the idea of Sita as a cute southern belle country girl. I think it could be fun to write a story about her country life before she met Rama. It could be doing daily things to help her saint of a father that took her in and her experiences. Another good story is to describe Sita's first time going into the big city after living a country life. It could have been a real culture shock for her.

Another person I was interested in was Rama's secretary. Could you imagine being secretary to a king? Now think if this king was Rama. I can only imagine how crazy Rama's life is, but can you imagine being the one that is control of how busy he is. Who will Rama see today? How long will he see them? It almost reminds me of my trip to Mount Vernon over Spring Break. George Washington had several rooms in his house and when people showed up the butler would put them into different rooms based off of the guests importance. I can definitely imagine Rama's secretary doing something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment