Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Week 6 Reading Diary: Mahabharata Part B

Mahabharata PDE

Bhima and Hidimbi  from Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913)

I thought this was an interesting story. I would like to go more into depth of the wedding between Bhima and the demon woman. I feel like it would be difficult to really care for and love a demon. Also, to have a half demon spawn. I am sure that kid has some problems. Besides being a demon, he is also a bald child. I am sure that kids made fun of poor Ghatotkacha as he was growing up.

Bhima and Baka  from The Indian Heroes by C. A. Kincaid (1921).

The story really intrigues me. The tax that the chief set as payment for protection was really insane. I would like to go more into depth of how the family felt trying to decide among them who went to sacrifice themselves for the town. I may write it so there is not a happy ending to show how the previous families felt before Bhima was there to rid them of this monster.

Draupadi and the Pandavas from Wiki Commons


Wife of the 5 Pandavas from Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913)

This story sounds like a reality tv show. If I would write a story about this that is exactly what it would be. Can you imagine being the wife of 5 men? Not to mention the fact that they are all brothers. That would definitely be some sort of reality tv show today. Instead of "sister wives" it would be "Hubby bros" except they really are all related! I can almost hear the drama with living that kind of life. I would never be able to share a spouse! I feel like this would definitely be a MTV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment