Sunday, February 7, 2016

Storybook Styles

Topic:

My storybook will be about my detective Wolfgang Forrester and having him solve mysteries in Indian mythology and culture. I really enjoyed reading the tales of the twenty-two goblins when I was in Mythology and folklore. I actually used the twelfth goblin's riddle in storytelling for that class "The Bus". I actually loved that riddle a lot! It had an interesting take on who is really responsible for the death of the Brahman and I think it would be a great mystery for Wolfgang to solve. I actually think quite a few of those stories could work as potential crime cases for Wolfgang. I also liked the Jataka tales. One that I think could be a good story is The Master's Test. It is short, but it has a great meaning behind it. Wolfgang could solve what the Master meant for the children to do. Another great one would be The Guilty Dogs. Wolfgang could solve for who ruined the straps on the royal chariot. Perhaps the chief of the dogs would seek out Wolfgang for help so that all of the dogs in the city would not be slaughtered. As I mentioned before I really want to do a story based off of the Missing Queen. It would just be a great case to have solved.

Bibliography:

Twenty Jataka Tales by Noor Inayat (Khan). Illustrations by H. Willebeek Le Mair. (1939). Web Source: Hathi Trust
Twenty-Two Goblins by Arthur Ryder. Illustrations by Perham W. Nahl. (1917). Web Source: Sacred Texts

Storytelling Styles:

Detective shares his case - This is the type of style I used in my previous storybook from Mythology and Folklore Fairytale Case Files. I really enjoyed writing in this style and would love to continue this with a new storybook in India.

Wolfgang shares where he's been - In my idea of continuing Wolfgang's adventures, I want him to almost "fall down the rabbit hole" and be transported into the world of India where there are new crimes and cases to be solved. It might be an interesting take to have him filed as a Missing Person in the Enchanted Forest. In this style, Wolfgang would have just returned to the Enchanted Forest and is having to recount where he's been to the police.

Rabbit hole from Freedom Outpost
Clients review - This could be a totally different approach to what I have been doing. In almost like a "Yelp" manner, the clients of Wolfgang could give reviews of how he did on a certain case and tell the story of how he did it. 

Talk Show Host - I feel like after all this time and all of these cases, Wolfgang is becoming a little famous. I mean he's solved some pretty big cases! I think he would be asked to go onto a tv talk show and is asked questions about some of his more recent cases. Wolfgang could talk about his recent travels to India and the different types of cases he had there.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment