Monday, May 2, 2016

Reading Evaluations

My favorite readings from this semester include: Sita Sings the Blues, The Missing Queen, and Twenty Jataka Tales. In Sita Sings the Blues, I loved the idea of watching a movie and the animation and the songs were very entertaining. The Missing Queen is a fantastic modern version of the Ramayana. I loved that it was sort of like a detective story and it was told from a character that was not in the original story. I did the same sort of thing with my storybook and it was nice to see someone else's take on the same concept. I loved the Twenty Jataka Tales because I love seeing different culture's children's stories. I feel like you can tell a lot about a culture based off of the life lessons they teach their children in their stories.

Some suggestions for future students would be to plan ahead and stay on top of your readings. There is a lot of reading for this class and it can become difficult to stay on top of. Especially when your other classes start to get crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment